The iconic IKEA Swedish meatball 🧆 0% oil with Air Fryer!
IKEA Swedish meatball: Debuted in stores in the 1980s, and have become one of the most popular items on the menu. Today they sell for just RM16.50 per plate, and come loaded with mashed potatoes, broccoli, lingonberry jam, and ALLEMANSRÄTTEN, a gravy-like cream sauce.
METABALL INGREDIENTS (2 px):
400g minced beef
1 onion (minced)
1 garlic (minced)
3 TBS milk
80g bread crumbs
Salt & pepper to taste
2 TBS unsalted butter
1/2 yellow onion
1 clove garlic
2 TBS all-purpose flour
1 beef stock
1 cup water
100ml fresh milk
1 tomato (cut into cube)
1 TSP brown sugar
3 TBS ketchup
3 TBS oyster sauce
2 TBS sweet soy sauce
2 TBS black pepper sauce
Salt & pepper to taste
SIDE DISH INGREDIENTS:
Mashed potatoes (2 potatoes + 4 TBS butter + 3 TBS milk + Some shredded cheese + salt & pepper to taste)
Cranberries jam (originally lingonberry jam)
1. Mix all meatballs ingredients together and let it marinade for around 20 minutes.
2. Form into a ball shape and cook in the air fryer 180°C for 15 - 20 minutes.
Yay! Our 0% oil meatball is done! So simple, right?
3. Next, the sauce. Heat up the pan and add in butter until melted. Add in yellow onion an cook until it turns brown, then add in garlic. Cook for around 3 - 5 minutes.
4. Add in flour and cook until it turns brown. Next, add in tomatoes and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes.
5. Put water in and let it boil for awhile then add in milk. Let it simmer for around 3 minutes.
6. Next add in salt and pepper. Then add in sugar, ketchup, oyster sauce, black pepper sauce and sweet soy sauce. Let is simmer for another 5 - 8 minutes until thicken. Set aside and let it cool down for awhile.
7. Blend the sauce in a blender to get smooth texture. Our sauce is done!
8. Now, let's prepare the mashed potatoes. Cut potatoes into cubes and boil until soften.
9. Mash the potatoes and add in butter, milk, shredded cheese and salt & pepper to taste. mix everything until combined.
Mashed potatoes is done! Very simple, right?
10. Lastly, let's prepare our broccoli! Super simple, boil water and add in some salt, let it cook for 6 - 8 minutes.
11. It's time to serve our IKEA Swedish Meatballs set! Place the meatballs with sauce on top, some broccoli, mashed potatoes and some cranberries jam 😍 Yum! I also DIY the Sweden flag using paper, colour pencil and stick it on a toothpick 🇸🇪
Today most of Selangor is under EMCO, full lockdown 😢 I miss going to IKEA. For the foods LOL. Hope everything is back to normal soon. Stay home does not stop me from enjoying IKEA foods! I hope you like this recipe. Do let me know what recipe I should recreate next 🤔