Simpson's Doughnuts - The Simpsons 🍩
The Simpsons (1989): An American animated sitcom created by Matt Groening for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series is a satirical depiction of American life, epitomized by the Simpson family, which consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie. The show is set in the fictional town of Springfield and parodies American culture and society, television, and the human condition.
"Mmm... Doughnuts!" - Simpsons
Doughnuts: A circular pastries that usually contains HUGE amounts of FAT! 😂 Doughnuts are most notably Simpson's favorite food and a trademark symbol of his character and round belly. His love for doughnuts is eternal to the point that he is unable to live without it and he does not like anyone else eating his doughnuts HAHAHA!
"Mmm..." is one of Simpsons' catchphrases which he uses often when he tastes or imagines something tasty. His most commonly heard utterance is "Mmm, donuts" followed by the sound of his stomach growling.
DOUGHNUTS INGREDIENTS (18 - 20 pcs):
330g all-purpose flour
1 TSP vanilla extract
7g dry yeast
Pink food coloring
Rainbow chocolate sprinkles
1. Put flour in a large bowl and add in salt and sugar separately from the yeast. This is to prevent inconsistency on the dough.
2. Mix the salt and sugar with the flour then mix the yeast with the flour.
3. Pour in milk, egg and vanilla essence in a mixer and then put in the flour mixture.
4. Let the mixer run for for at least 10 minutes then once a solid ball is form, add in butter. Continue to knead for another 5 - 8 minutes.
5. Place the dough on a bowl and let it rest for 1 hour 30 minutes or until it is double is size. Cover it with a plastic wrap.
6. 1 hour 30 minutes later, place the dough on a kneading board and flatten it to let all the air out. Sprinkle the top of the dough with some flour and flatten it further using roller.
7. Cut the dough using doughnut cutter. If you do not have doughnut cutter, you may use a cookie cutter. Arrange the doughnut on a tray and cover them with a plastic wrap or a kitchen towel. Leave them to rise for 15 - 20 minutes in a lukewarm space.
8. Heat up cooking oil on a pot and cook the doughnut. When the outside part starts getting brown, flip the doughnut!
9. Drain the doughnuts to remove excess oil and let it cool down.
10. Let's make the pink chocolate toppings! Use a double boiler method to melt the chocolate. A double boiler is a kitchen tool used to apply indirect heat to ingredients and foods. It looks like two saucepans stacked on top of each other. Water is placed in the lower pan, which will receive direct heat from the stove. The steam from the simmering or boiling water in the lower pan provides indirect heat to the food in the upper pan.
11. Don't forget to add in pink food coloring and mix until combined.
12. Spread the doughnuts with melted chocolate and before the icing gets hard, decorate the top with rainbow sprinkles! All done!
Doughnuts is Simpson's and my ALL-TIME FAVORITE! I mean, who doesn't love doughnuts? But be careful not to eat too much of them! 1 single doughnuts contains at least 270 calories and it would require 57 minutes of walking to burn it off 😂