Recreating Pizza Hut’s A la Carte Menu.. but better! 🍕🍝🥔
Pizza Hut (1958): An American multinational restaurant chain and international franchise founded in 1958 by two brothers, Dan and Frank Carney (Wichita, Kansas).
What I love the most about Pizza Hut is it's pizza texture is so soft and delicious 💖. Its topping is also packed with a compound called glutamate which can be found in cheese, sausage, tomatoes, etc. So when glutamate hits my tongue, it tells my brains to get excited~! However I found it quite pricey + small portions...So for today’s recipe, I’m going to recreate 3 types a la carte menu from Pizza Hut; the iconic island supreme pizza, chicken Bolognese spaghetti with meatball & potato wedges! Everything made from scratch!
PIZZA DOUGH INGREDIENTS:
200g all purpose flour
2g dry instant yeast
1/2 TBS sugar
120ml lukewarm water
1/2 TBS olive oil
PIZZA TOPPINGS INGREDIENTS:
1 cup pizza sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese
1 canned tuna
2 TBS mushroom (sliced)
Half green & yellow bell pepper (sliced)
2 TBS onion (sliced)
CHICKEN BOLOGNESE SPAGHETTI INGREDIENTS (for 2 - 4 px):
400g dried spaghetti
200g chicken ham (cut in cubes) I ran out of minced chicken so...😢
1 onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
Half carrot (diced)
3 shitake mushrooms (diced)
4 TBS tomato puree
400g canned tomatoes
1 TSP oregano powder
1/2 TSP thyme
1 TBS soy sauce
1 chicken stock cube
1/2 TBS sugar
1/2 TSP salt
1/2 TSP black pepper
1 TBS olive oil
CHICKEN MEATBALL INGREDIENTS (10 pcs):
400g minced chicken ~ I should save at least half of this for the spaghetti Bolognese, now I have too much chicken meatball 😲
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup onion (minced)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
2 TBS parsley flakes
1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
POTATO WEDGES INGREDIENTS:
3 potatoes (peeled and cut in wedges)
1/2 TSP paprika powder
1/2 TSP garlic powder
1/2 TSP oregano powder
1 TSP salt
1/2 TSP black pepper
2 TBS olive oil
1. First, let's make the Island Supreme Pizza. Add dry yeast, sugar and lukewarm water in a mixing bowl and mix. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes to activated the yeast. If you yeast is living and active, it will create a small bubbles of carbon dioxide gas (refer image below).
2. Then, pour the yeast mixture in a bread maker/mixing bowl. I'm not going to manually knead the dough today, so let the machine do the job hehe... add in olive oil, flour and salt. The machine will knead the dough for around 20 minutes. Once done, the dough has now becomes a homogenous ball.
3. Transfer the dough in a mixing bowl and cover with a plastic wrap or lid cover. Let the dough rise in a warm space for around 1 and a half hour to 2 hours.
4. Once the dough has doubled in size, punch or press the dough to let remaining air out.
5. Preheat your oven to 240°C. Then, brush your pizza pan with some olive oil. Spread the dough flat with your fingertips. If you like thick crust edge, just fold the edges of the crust and pinch them with your fingertips.
6. Cover the dough for another 15 minutes.
7. Then use the tip of the fork to create some hole on the dough. Spread 4 - 5 TBS of pizza sauce or tomato sauce all over the pizza. Place the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce. Then, add canned tuna on top of the cheese. Followed by sliced mushrooms, green and yellow bell pepper and lastly onions. You may use your favorite vegetables.
8. Lastly, add more shredded mozzarella cheese on top and bake it for 18 - 12 minutes. Island Supreme Pizza is done!
9. Let's proceed to the chicken Bolognese spaghetti with meatballs. First, the chicken meatballs. In a bog bowl, mix all the meatballs ingredients (minced chicken, bread crumbs, minced garlics and onions, parsley flakes, grated mozzarella cheese, egg, salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, preheat your air fryer to 180°C for 5 minutes. Then use a spoon or ice cream scoop to mold them into a ball shape.
10. Cook the chicken meatballs in an air fryer for 18 - 20 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Set aside.
11. Let's now make the chicken Bolognese spaghetti. Fry minced garlic and onions on a skillet until aromatic. Then add in minced mushrooms. Stir fry for another 3 minutes.
12. Add in carrots and chicken ham (cut in cubes). I've ran out of minced chicken so this is the only options I have... Please use minced chicken instead 🤣 Stir fry for another 5 - 8 minutes.
13. Then, add in canned tomatoes, tomato puree and some water. Simmer under medium heat for 5 minutes. Then add in oregano powder, thyme, soy sauce, chicken stock cube, sugar, salt and black pepper.
14. Simmer under medium heat for another 12 - 15 minutes.
15. At a mean time, cook your spaghetti in a boiling water for 12 minutes or until ate dente. Set aside.
16. Once, the Bolognese sauce is done, add in the chicken meatball and mix until combined.
17. Place the spaghettis in a serving plate/bowl and pour the Bolognese sauce with chicken meatball on top of it. Chicken Bolognese spaghetti with meatballs is done!
18. Final dish! Potato wedges. Cut potatoes into wedges and soak in cold water for 20 minutes. Then, dry them with kitchen towel.
20. Transfer the dry potato wedges in a bowl and add in paprika powder, garlic powder, oregano powder, salt, black pepper and olive oil.
21. Mix everything until incorporated. Let it marinade for 15 - 20 minutes. Preheat your air fryer 180°C for 5 minutes.
22. Transfer the wedges into the air fryer batch by batch. Do not put everything inside. Let it cook for 20 minutes.
23. After 20 minutes, flip the wedges over and cook for additional 10 minutes. Potato wedges is done!
Enjoy your not-so-expensive, homemade Pizza Hut a la carte meal! 😍