Kimchi Soondubu Jjigae/Soft Tofu Stew inspired by K-Drama - Itaewon Class (but...Vegetarian!)
Updated: Jul 23, 2021
Itaewon Class (이태원 클라쓰): 2020 South Korean television series starring Park Seo-joon, Kim Da-mi, Yoo Jae-myung and Kwon Nara. Park Saeroyi's life has been turned upside down after he gets expelled from school for punching a bully and his father is killed in an accident. Following his father's steps, he opens a pub named "DanBam" in Itaewon and, along with his manager and staff, strive towards success and reaching greater heights.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 px):
1/2 daikon radish
2 TBS sesame oil
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 TBS gochujang
1 TBS Korean pepper flakes
1 pack soft tofu
2 cups plain water/vegetable broth
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat up half of the sesame oil and stir fry garlics over medium heat until its' lightly golden, approximately 2 - 3 minutes. Add in kimchi and stir for another 1 minute.
2. Next, add in daikon radish and mix until combined. Put in gochujang and Korean pepper flakes and cook until tender.
3. Pour in plain water or vegetable broth and let it simmer for around 2 - 3 minutes. Once it started to boil, add in soft tofu.
4. Put in the leftover sesame oil with salt and pepper and mix until combined. Finally add in 1 egg and let it simmer for over medium heat for another 1 minute.
5. That's it! Our Vegetarian Kimchi Soondubu Jjigae is done 😍 Sprinkle some spring onion on top for garnish.
잘 먹겠습니다 ❤️